Call for Proposals: We would like to invite proposals for the fifth annual Panhandle Academic Libraries Conference scheduled for Friday, July 14, 2023, at Gulf Coast State College in Panama City, Florida.
Our theme is Academic Libraries: Engaging Our Communities. We seek proposals related to the conference theme in areas of:
- Subject Librarianship
- Collection and Funding
Share your experiences – both successes and learning opportunities – with your colleagues. We will accept a maximum of two proposals per presenter (including individual and panel discussions). No presentation may have more than five presenters.
Proposals should be original work that has not been previously published. Special attention is given to proposals that:
- Demonstrate new and innovative thinking;
- Generate ideas or report research that contribute to ongoing discussion about the future of academic libraries;
- Contribute ideas that position academic libraries to be leaders both on campus and in their surrounding communities;
- Present strategies for implementing new ideas and technology; and
- Encourage learning among conference attendees.
See the conference rubric for more information on scoring.
- Panel Discussion: 40-minute discussion with 10-minute Q & A. Panelists will provide multiple diverse perspectives on a topic or theme, followed by 10 minutes of question and answer for the audience. Proposal abstracts should highlight practical takeaways of attendees.
- Presentation: 40-minute talk with 10-minute Q & A. Presenter(s) will speak with the audience for 40 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of question and answer for the audience. Proposal abstracts should highlight practical takeaways of attendees.
- Interactive Workshop: 50 minutes. Presenters will engage attendees in active, hands-on learning. Proposal abstracts should present a clear description of the activity as well as highlight the practical takeaways for attendees.
- Roundtable: 50 minutes. Attendees are encouraged to participate in informal group discussions on topics of interest. Proposal abstracts should include sample questions that facilitators can plan to use.
- Pre-recorded Presentation: 5 minutes. Presenters will record a short presentation that will be available to conference attendees on demand.
We are excited for this fifth annual conference and hope you will join us! Please direct any questions to Regina Burgess.