Date(s) - 02/15/2019 - 03/29/2019
We’re partnering with SEFLIN to offer a free training opportunity for library storytime practitioners in our region. Whether you are new to storytimes or a seasoned provider, Supercharged Storytimes has something for you to deepen and enhance your practice.
Participants will meet 3 times (once in person and twice online) with presenters Olivia Wilson and Katherine Kastanisis. The training includes the following:
- Online kickoff: February 15, 2019
- Face-to-Face Workshop: March 1, 2019, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET (11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT) at the LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library Eastside Branch, 1583 Pedrick Road, Tallahassee, FL
- Webinar #1: March 15, 2019, from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. ET (12 noon to 1:15 p.m. CT)
- Webinar #2: March 29, 2019, from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. ET (12 noon to 1:15 p.m. CT)
- Online collaboration, sharing, and feedback among participants and trainers through SEFLIN Connect (registrants will receive a separate email with instructions on how to log in to this platform)
Based on the powerful VIEWS2 research and ECRR and ECRR2 which confirmed the value of key strategies used in storytimes, SEFLIN has partnered with WebJunction and nationally-recognized literacy expert Saroj Ghoting to help you translate those findings into practice and enhance your library storytimes.
Registration deadline is February 8, 2019.
Olivia Wilson is the Head of Youth Services at Dunedin Public Library. Her special interests are Early Literacy and assisting programming librarians with crafting. She has presented many FLYP programs for summer reading, other NEFLIN and SEFLIN courses, and several FLA presentations. Katherine Kastanis is the young adult librarian and young adult volunteer coordinator at Dunedin Public Library. She has worked in public library youth services for over 13 years. Katherine has presented numerous training workshops and webinars along the way throughout Florida. She is always looking for ways to increase teen and youth presence in her library and beyond.
Great program…highly recommended to anyone who presents storytimes, no matter their background or experience level!
This training had very good practical pointers and examples of how to tell a story; informative and FUN!
The presenters were enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. They offered practical advice on how to implement the elements they were describing.
I will benefit the most by the examples of how to share early literacy tips with parents.
Practical, I liked the Supercharged Storytime ideas, songs.
If you already have an account with us, you need to log in first (by using the login form below - to the right)
Registration is closed for this event.