Favorite Genealogy Source

The purpose of PLAN’s Forums are to facilitate discussions on topics of professional interest to library staff. All library staff are invited to use the forums. For more information, see: About the Forums

Home Forums Genealogy Favorite Genealogy Source

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Moree 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Laura Moree

What are some of your favorite genealogy sources, print or online, to use?

Personally, my favorite set of books is the Family Maps series by Gregory Boyd that outline land ownership for specific counties. My own family shows up in the Family Maps of Pike County, Alabama book. You can find that record at the link here in the Bay County Public Library catalog: Family Maps of Pike County, Alabama.

I can’t wait to learn about the sources you all use!

jbosio

I am not familiar with Family Maps. These books sound like a great resource. I’ll have to see if they have any for the counties where my family lives.

There are so many resources that I love, but I recently bought a subscription to newspapers.com for my personal research and it has been a great find. I always enjoyed searching the Chronicling America site, but I needed a resource that had access to more recent newspaper articles.

They have the current issues of the Palm Beach Post. We spoke to ProQuest, but they will not have it available for library subscription until next year.

Laura Moree

This is great information! Thank you for sharing! I would love for our library to have subscriptions to Genealogybank.com. However, we do have Newspaper Archive, which has been digitizing our local paper.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.