Genealogy Programs

The purpose of PLAN’s Forums are to facilitate discussions on topics of professional interest to library staff. All library staff are invited to use the forums. For more information, see: About the Forums

Home Forums Genealogy Genealogy Programs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Moree 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Laura Moree

I’m always seeking out new and creative programs to try for our genealogy customers.

What genealogy programs have you conducted or still do? What was your most successful program and why? Which programs didn’t work and why?

Thanks in advance!

We have a genealogy group that meets monthly, and I usually try to find different presentations or topics to discuss each month. Several months ago, some members of the Wakulla County Historical Society came and presented a very nice program about cemetery preservation. I advertised in local genealogy groups on Facebook, on our Facebook page, and in other media outlets. We had nearly 40 people attend, which is great for our small library, and everyone really enjoyed it. Next month, I’m planning to have someone come talk about DNA research, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Laura Moree

DNA is such a hot topic and is something I, myself, need to learn so much more about. 🙂 I’d be interested to know how your program turned out. 🙂

Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.