PLAN member libraries may apply for funding assistance with Innovation Projects to foster innovation through New Services, New Programs, and the use of New Technologies. Or put a new twist on some old service or procedure.
Libraries complete a short but detailed application that includes: scope of the project, need that the funding will address, resources required, activities with timeline, and how the project will be sustained.
- Projects may be multi-year, depending on the availability of funding. Multi-year applications should specify the amounts requested, the activities and the expenditures for each year.
- Large and small awards will be considered but projects of $5,000 or more will require a match.
- The application requires the approval from Library Director and the agent, office, or board to whom the Director reports.
- Applications will be evaluated by PLAN’s Board of Directors based upon the merits of the application and the availability of funds.
- PLAN will not issue funds directly to the library. PLAN will purchase materials/equipment on behalf of the library.
Application Submission & Completion Timeline:
- Innovation Project Applications must be submitted to PLAN by October 20 of the fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30) in which the funding is requested.
- Applications may be submitted via email, fax (850.235.2286), or mail.
- The PLAN Board will review the applications and select those that will be funded by November 30.
- Libraries receiving awards will be notified in December.
- A written report must be submitted by August 31.
- Recipients will share information about their project by presenting at a PLAN conference (breakout session, lightning round, or poster session), conducting a PLAN webinar, or writing a blog post for the PLAN website.
2019-2020 Innovation project recipients:
Click on Project name to view a copy of the project application.
|Escambia Schools – Bellview Middle School||Making Over Maker Spaces||$712.00|
|Escambia Schools – Bratt Elementary School||Code Capers||$4,877.60|
|Escambia Schools – Suter Elementary School||All About Bots||$4,840.01|
|Escambia Schools – Warrington Middle School||Ignition for Cognition||$1,085.00|
|Florida State University||Captivating Instruction||$1,429.75|
|Florida State University||Mobile 3D Scanner||$2,500.00|
|Florida State University||Research Repository Accessibility Content Enhancement||$1,500.00|
|LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library||Growing STEM||$3,120.00|
|Northwest Regional Library System||Bridging the Deaf and Hearing Community||$1,800.00|
|Northwest Regional Library System||Dungeons and Dragons||$1,000.00|
|Northwest Regional Library System||Harrell Memorial Library Children’s Discovery Zone||$664.77|
|Northwest Regional Library System||Lego Club @ Your Library||$614.12|
|OCPLC – Valparaiso PL||Valparaiso Media Lab||$3,036.74|
|Walton County Public Library||Coding Camp||$2,786.34|
|Wilderness Coast Public Libraries – Wakulla||Kids Coding Expansion||$4,196.32|
|Wilderness Coast Public Libraries – Wakulla||Tactile Toddler Tales||$567.95|
View reports of 2014-2015 Innovation Projects.
View reports of 2015-2016 Innovation Projects.
View reports of 2017-2018 Innovation Projects.
View reports of 2018-2019 Innovation Projects.