PLAN member libraries may apply for funding assistance with Innovation Projects to foster innovation through New Services, New Programs, and the use of New Technologies. Or put a new twist on some old service or procedure.
Libraries complete a short but detailed application that includes: scope of the project, need that the funding will address, resources required, activities with timeline, and how the project will be sustained.
- Projects may be multi-year, depending on the availability of funding. Multi-year applications should specify the amounts requested, the activities and the expenditures for each year.
- Large and small awards will be considered but projects of $5,000 or more will require a match.
- The application requires the approval from Library Director and the agent, office, or board to whom the Director reports.
- Applications will be evaluated by PLAN’s Board of Directors based upon the merits of the application and the availability of funds.
- PLAN will not issue funds directly to the library. PLAN will purchase materials/equipment on behalf of the library.
Application Submission & Completion Timeline:
- Innovation Project Applications must be submitted to PLAN by October 20 of the fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30) in which the funding is requested.
- Applications may be submitted via email, fax (850.235.2286), or mail.
- The PLAN Board will review the applications and select those that will be funded by November 30.
- Libraries receiving awards will be notified in December.
- A written report must be submitted by August 31.
- Recipients will share information about their project by presenting at a PLAN conference (breakout session, lightning round, or poster session), conducting a PLAN webinar, or writing a blog post for the PLAN website.
2018-2019 Innovation project recipients:
Click on Project name to view a copy of the project application.
|Apalachicola Memorial Library||Your Library, Too! – Serving Marginalized Populations||$4,000.00|
|Escambia Schools – Pensacola HS||Virtual Reality for PHS Library||$3,518.00|
|Gadsden Co PL||Digital Workforce Integration||$4,999.00|
|Hurlburt Field Library||3D Commandos – Design, Discover, Deploy||$4,758.00|
|NRWLS||Adult Technology Education Lab Upgrade||$4,655.00|
|NRWLS||Parker Library Children’s Nook||$4,868.30|
|NRWLS||Stargazing @ Your Library||$1,175.85|
|NRWLS||Strengthening Resilience through Community Engagement||$4,999.00|
|OCPLC – Robert L.F. Sikes PL||Foundational Life Skills Through Creative Literacy||$2,750.00|
|Panhandle Public Lib. Coop. Sys.||PPLCS Portal||$3,000.00|
|Pensacola State College||Digitization||$4,650.00|
|UWF Historic Trust Archive||Scanning Station||$4,428.00|
|WILD – Wakulla Co PL||Book Drop Cart & Signage||$1,111.00|
|WILD – Wakulla Co PL||WCPL Library of Things||$2,000.00|
View reports of 2014-2015 Innovation Projects.
View reports of 2015-2016 Innovation Projects.
View reports of 2017-2018 Innovation Projects.