The 2020 ALA Virtual Conference is scheduled for June 24-26, 2020. A limited number of scholarships are available to PLAN member library staff for this conference.
Applications for these scholarships will be accepted through May 28, 2020.
You can access the conference in two ways:
- Register to attend the live conference. According to ALA, even if you can’t attend live for the 3-day period, some sessions will be available on-demand: “The structure of the event is built so that many of the sessions can be accessed in an on-demand format.”
- Register to receive access to the recordings. According to ALA, “The recording-only option provides access to all content on the event website for one year after the event takes place. Selecting this option does not include the benefit of participating in any live scheduled events or discussions. There are no virtual event registration options that include the ability for attendees to directly download event content.”
- Complete the scholarship application, entering the amount of scholarship funds requested:
- If you are an ALA member, the registration fee for the live conference is $60 (use promo code CONNECTION)
- If you are not an ALA member and want to register for the live conference, we will cover your membership fee up to $148 plus the $60 registration fee (use promo code CONNECTION). Please determine your membership fee before completing application.
- The registration fee for the recording-only option is $295
- Since we understand that many staff are still working remotely, instead of having your director sign the application, the application should be emailed to us by your director. This will be accepted as approval from your director.
- Please note: No member organization may receive more than three scholarships for this event.
If you have any questions, please send us an email.